Monday, November 17, 2008

A big deal to me







As a mom, and a jeweler, this is a BIG deal:



My daughter, who is turning 8, got her ears pierced this weekend!



She was very brave, and I was very proud. My mother and I made a big deal about it, and taking her became quite an event. She got nervous at first, but when we asked if she wanted to do it another day, she said "NO WAY! TODAY!"



It has also opened the creative doors for me, I started thinking about all the designs I could do for her, and her friends, and children in general.



It may not seem like a big deal to some, but all us girls who do have our ears pierced can probably remember the day we had it done, if we were not babies. In some cultures it is customary right at birth, in others they would not even consider it. It brought up a very interesting dialogue between mom and I, about when I did it and where, and how some cultures do and don't, etc.



So tell me, when and where did you get yours pierced? Was it a big deal? Were yours pierced at birth? I would like to know!



:)



C

2 comments:

Lady Bracknell said...

I was in my mid-twenties.

My parents would never have countenanced my doing it while I was still within their strict sphere of influence.

It really hurt!

But I'm very glad I had it done. I love earrings and have hundreds of pairs.

Helane said...

I had my ears pierced at birth or sometime too close to that for me to remember!

About Me

My photo
I am currently working independently fulltime at home. I work for other jewelers, and for myself. I also work hard to take good care of my family, young and old. I love to cook, I love to sight see and explore new places and things. I love to try new things.