Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Change is Good

A Much Needed Change
by
Cristina Hurley

I had a very busy and rough couple of weeks, which culminated in a big craft sale which was a bit of a disappointment. The next day, I decided that I needed to change things up a bit in my shop/studio.

The easiest and most effective way to revamp a space is to paint... So I decided to paint half of this wall with paint I had been using to paint in the shop. I painted and then decided to add some custom hand painted swirls...
I love swirls, they are organic and fun to do freestyle. No need to mark or measure, I just began swirling out from the straight edge I had painted the wall up to.
The swirls are all over my shop in different ways, so I thought they would look nice and add a bit of whimsy to my decor.
Cool! the swirls are all done! they only took a couple of hours or so. The paint dried quickly, so I began to hang up what had been on the wall already. In this case, a display with some jewelry in it.
All done! All I had to do was put everything back, and I decided to rearrange the furniture and displays. I think it looks nice!
And that's just one wall!
I made changes in the entire shop.
Stay tuned for the next chapter...
The window wall!
:)
Cristina

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am currently working independently fulltime at home. I work for other jewelers, and for myself. I also work hard to take good care of my family, young and old. I love to cook, I love to sight see and explore new places and things. I love to try new things.